Our experienced construction dispute lawyers are ready to resolve issues in your best interests.
Our expertise and knowledge of the construction industry ensures our clients get great advice and support on:
- Leaky building claims.
- Construction contract disputes.
- Preparing/reviewing payment claims and payment schedules.
- Debt recovery.
- Advice in relation to NZS 3910:2013.
- General advice on the Building Act 2004.
- Advising engineers to the contract.
Good People, Great Lawyers
Our clients are whānau
Our clients are individuals and families, companies and trusts, charities, and . We pride ourselves in caring for our clients, making their lives easier through the long-standing relationships we build with them.
Excellence, People, Teamwork
McCaw Lewis is driven by three key values: , and .
We offer a comprehensive suite of legal services with a focus on commercial, Te Tiriti o Waitangi, property, dispute resolution, asset planning, environmental/natural resources, workplace law and Māori land.
Contact us today
Our team are ready to help with your civil dispute. You can give us a call or enter your details in the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Can I Enforce a Contract with Someone Who Has Died?
A contract can be enforced against a deceased’s estate. It is still a valid agreement even if the other party has died, provided they did not need to be alive to perform the contract.
Building law changes: Enhanced consumer protection
This article summarises some recent changes in the law affecting residential construction contracts. The changes – essentially enhanced consumer protection laws – will be of particular interest to those considering building a new home or carrying out renovations to an existing residential property.
Changes to the construction retentions regime
In this article we summarise the changes to the construction retentions regime.
Dispute Resolution at McCaw Lewis
We can also assist with:
- Trust and Estate Disputes
- Relationship Property and Family Disputes
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Construction Disputes
- Debt Recovery and Creditors' Remedies
- Civil and Commercial Disputes
- Franchise Disputes
- Insolvency Issues
- Insurance Disputes
- Property and Lease Disputes
- Tort Claims (including Negligence)
- Rural Disputes
- Claims in Equity
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Iwi Disputes
- Māori Land Dispute Resolution